You will discover in this course the features and capabilities of the Android platform dedicated to the development of Android App Development Course in Chandigarh. You will study the model of Android components at the base of any application. You will learn how to develop ergonomic graphical interfaces and exploit the functionalities of your Android Smartphone (geolocation, multimedia capture …). You will also implement data persistence and network access mechanisms.
Android App Development Course in Chandigarh Program
- Discover the Android platform and associated development tools
- Explore the Android Component Model
- Develop user interfaces
- Manage data persistence
- Managing the network and exchanging data
- Exploit the features of an Android smartphone
Discover the Android App platform
- The uses of the Android platform.
- The Android model and its architecture.
- Overview of the operating system (functionality, version, tools, etc.).
- Key applications for the use of a terminal.
- Development tools, development environment: Android Studio, Android SDK.
- Implementation of the Android SDK.
- Target terminals (smartphones, tablets, personal navigation aids, virtual, etc.).
- The internationalization of Android applications.
- Android and Linux.
Android App Development
- The basic concepts of an Android application.
- The application lifecycle (from program editing to testing).
- Presentation of the development framework, libraries.
- Overview of basic classes and utilities.
- Creation of its first project: code, resource, property and project detail.
- Run its application on the SDK simulator and test it.
- The SDK Manager and the configuration of Android virtual devices (AVD): target, SDCard …
- Use a debugger to control program execution.
- How do I access application logs?
- The identification of the application and the file manifest (version, minSDK, name of the application …).
- The provision of its application.
User interfaces with Android App
- Overview of layout and component placement.
- The specificities of mobile terminals in terms of display and interaction with the user.
- Graphical components: layouts, menus, lists …
- Create a GUI with views.
- The setting of menus (main, icon, submenu …).
- The installation of the layout containers (Gallery, GridView, ScrollView …).
- Event management (set-up, reaction, listening).
- Styles and themes applied to widgets.
- Notification of the user (notification bar, toast, dialog boxes).
- Alternative Resources: multi-devices, localization.
The Component Model
- The basic concept: activity and life cycle.
- Basic components: Activity, Service, BroadcastReceiver, ContentProvider, Intents.
- Stopping components (finish, stopSelf …).
- Activities (life cycle, navigation between activities, interactivity communication …).
- Services (life cycle, background tasks …). Types of services (local and remote).
- Differences between an activity and a service.
- The launch of an activity, its main states.
- The AIDL language (Android Interface Description Language). The message bus and the Intents.
The persistence of data
- How to share data between applications?
- Simple data backup.
- Using preferences (SharedPreferences, the playback mode). Retrieving a set of preferences.
- Use of the file system (including XML).
- The location of the files containing the data (zone internal / external).
- Using the embedded database (SQLite), inserting data.
- Using the Android API.
- Reminders about network programming.
- Communication with a server Socket.
- Use HTTP with Android APIs.
- Introduction to the consumption of Web services.
- Parser of the JSON with the Gson library for Android.
- Telephony management. Calls. SMS management. Interactions with the SIM card.
- Drawing and animations. Audio and video playback.
- Multimedia capture (sound, image, video …).
- The APIs of (geo) location with Google Maps.
- Configure the emulator to test geolocation.